Funding and Investment Latvia
VENTSPILS MUNICIPALITY ICT PILOT PROJECT PROGRAMME
(Ventspils Municipality authority “Ventspils Digital centre”)
- Who: new and evolving businesses and service providers in the ICT field
- What: support in infrastructure, equipment management, software development and testing, eligible costs: personnel salaries, tools, machines and equipment required to implement activities; costs of outer services, value-added tax
- Nature: grant
- Size & conditions: the minimum amount of aid for a single pilot project is 2,000 €, while the maximum is 15,000 €. An applicant’s value of the received funds is determined in a scope of 50% to 80%, based on several criteria:
- 50% – if the applicant employs one person that has (or will be at the moment of the aid) declared himself in Ventspils city.
- 60% – if the applicant employs two persons that have (or will be) declared in Ventspils city; 70% – if the applicant employs three persons that have (or will be) declared in Ventspils city.
- 80% – if the applicant employs four or more persons that have (or will be) declared in Ventspils city); the first part (20% of the sum) is received after the signing of the contract; the second part (the remainder of the sum) is received after the applicant has successfully presented the final report in front of the commission
- Geographical scope: City of Ventspils
- Time scales: at least once per year, calls are open for 2 months, then applications are evaluated and all legal procedures are done within 3-month period.
- Other: approximately 80% of applications receive a grant