Incubation and Start-ups Estonia
The Estonian startup landscape is lively with a lot of different events and programmes. The community is close and supports each other on the way. Startup Estonia is a governmental initiative aimed to supercharge the Estonian startup ecosystem in order to be the birthplace of many more startup success stories to come. They map and provide access to all relevant stakeholders in Estonia.
New ideas are constantly targeted during yearly Ajujaht, the largest competition of business ideas in Estonia initiated 2017 by Enterprise Estonia. It is an opportunity for people to challenge themselves in trying to start a business in a highly supportive environment. The prize fund of the competition is 60,000 €.
The success stories of Ajujaht include: Click & Grow, Minukleeps, Bikeep, Timbeter, GoWorkaBit, Taxify, Huntloc and SprayPrinter.In 2012 GameFounders was establishedby Start-Up Estonia program via Enterprise Estonia:
- Who: game start-ups (teams of at least two people with games in development at playable stage)
- What: start-up accelerator Gamefounders, 3-month programme with financial support along with non-monetary support (coaching, access to a mentor network, weekly pitch practice, playtesting, field trips to successful game studios, demo days)
- Nature: accelerator
- Size & conditions: overall budget 501,000 € (in 2012) +700,000 € (2013), up to 15,000 € per chosen start-up (10 companies) at 9% share of their company
- Geographical scope: Ggobal
- Time scales: 3-month programme