Incubation and Start-ups Poland & KrakowDigital Dragons Incubator
- Who: dedicated to young game studios.
- What: cycle of practical, business workshops with trainers, individual consultations with mentors and Demo Day with investors and publishers. So far 12 teams have taken part in the incubation programme.
- Nature: workshops, speeches, consultations with experts from top Polish game companies and experts from abroad.
- Geographical scope: incubation programme conducted in Krakow at Krakow Technology Park is dedicated to game studios from Poland but especially from Malopolska Region.
- Time scales: full cycle of programme lasts ca. 4-5 months.
- Other: main topics i.a.: game design, project management, publishing and business models, marketing and PR, user acquisition, data-driven development, pitching, cooperation with investors and publishers.
So far there are two incubators fully focused on supporting game start-ups in Poland: ARP Games is situated in Katowice. This incubator/accelerator is both providing mentoring and workshops for game startups as well as funding for the most promising teams. The second is Digital Dragons Incubator.
Krakow Technology Park is one of the brightest game industry hotspots in Poland with Digital Dragons Academy (a series of lectures on different game development aspects) and a general ICT incubator with hard and soft infrastructure that in principle could also be valid for game studios.
Google Campus in Warsaw is one of the newest initiatives: They are currently recruiting mobile games developers.
Various smaller science and technology parks in Poland are implementing co-working and incubation programmes. The startup ecosystem is developing rapidly, more and more institutions are expanding their horizons towards game studios.